Transmission Repair Services
Roseville Auto and Marine is equipped to replace car transmissions, light-duty truck transmissions, classic car transmissions, and boat transmissions.
How long do new transmissions last? Modern automatic transmissions are complex and contain numerous mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components. Because of their complexity, they often fail earlier than engines. Engines often run for more than 200,000 miles but unfortunately, transmissions fail between 80,000 to 150,000 miles. Yes, that is quite a range. The reason for such a large range is due to the fact that some transmissions are built better than others, and the way the vehicle is used and maintained has a profound impact on the transmission's longevity.
Some important factors that should be taken into account when making a decision whether or not, to replace your vehicle's transmission. First, the amount of time you plan to keep the vehicle in use. If you plan on using the vehicle for at least two or more years then the cost of your transmission replacement will be worth your dollars spent.
Types of Transmission Replacement Services:
TRANSMISSION FLUID SERVICE
Three factors to consider when replacing your old transmission with a used transmission:
- The duration of time you plan on keeping this car in service
- What kind of warranty are you comfortable with?
Should I have my transmission rebuilt or replaced? And if I replace my transmission should I do so with a new, used, or remanufactured transmission?
For most people installing a remanufactured transmission is their best option. The price is higher than a used transmission but less than a new transmission. The warranty is typically longer for a remanufactured transmission than a used transmission.
Facts about used transmission warranties.
- The warranty on a used transmission is often shorter than a rebuilt or remanufactured transmission.
- Used transmissions only carry a part warranty and have no labor warranty. This means if the used transmission installed fails in 3 months the parts company will warranty the part itself but it will not pay for the additional labor to remove and replace the failed transmission.
- Purchasing a used transmission carries the shortest warranty, is usually the least expensive option, and can have the greatest degree of risk in terms of how long the transmission will last before it fails.
It is important to keep up with your vehicle's manufacturer's service schedule in order to take care of your vehicle's transmission. Your vehicle's owner's manual specifies how often a transmission fluid change should be done. Frequent stop-and-go driving, towing or snow plowing heats up the transmission and shortens the fluid life. Those extreme cases are also usually covered in the manufacturer's service schedule. When fluid is damaged from too much heat or becomes too dirty it can cause premature damage to the transmission.
Why we stand out from the rest:
- Expert mechanics
- Independently owned and operated
- We honor manufacturer's warranties
- Thousands of satisfied customers with over 35 years of experience proudly servicing twin cities metro area cars and trucks.
- In Roseville, we are one of the best-reviewed on google.